Hi friends – happy Sunday! (Monday by the time you read this 😉 ) I’ve been in Seattle for a little over a week now and I’m already really loving it here. It’s impossible not to love Seattle: you have the ocean, mountains, trees, gorgeous views, temperate weather (and yes, it’s been grey almost every day!) and a lot of fun things to see and do.
I just finished cleaning our entire kitchen, building a few more things for my room, and I’m about to go on a twilight walk around Green Lake with a dear friend. I’m getting ready for my first day of school….tomorrow! Technically, our fall quarter classes don’t start until September 30th, but tomorrow is the first day of Teaching Assistant training.
We have two full days of TA training sessions ranging from “Presenting Information Effectively in the Classroom” to “Grading Short-Answer Questions on Homework, Exams, or Lab Reports”. We are required to take the training if we want to be a TA this year, so suffice to say, almost my entire program is doing it!
We have Wednesday/Thursday off this week, which I will spend setting up my health insurance (going on the exchange!), changing my car plates/getting a new license, refuting my first Seattle parking ticket (blah!), and switching over my car/renters insurance. Ah, the joys of moving 🙂 On Friday, we start our program specific orientation and I’m really looking forward to finally meeting everyone in my program.
Other things on tap for the week:
- Scandal Season 5 Premiere party! I’m hosting a few girls over for wine/snacks. This will be the first time many of them see my new place. Scandal holds an even more special place in my heart since it’s set in Washington DC 🙂
- Biking to school for practice.
- Checking out new studios on my Classpass. I tried LUFT over the weekend and LOVED it. If you’re in the Seattle area and looking for a great pilates studio, check them out!
The top two ↑ photos are from the whale watching tour that I did over the weekend. I saw a humpback whale and multiple pods of orca whales ← so cool!
Have a great week friends, and if you missed my pumpkin french toast recipe from Friday, make sure to check it out!
- Have you ever done a whale watching tour?
- Has anyone seen Blackfish? Thoughts?
- What’s the weather like where you are?
- Any Scandal fans prepping for the Season 5 premiere?