If you follow me on instagram, you know that I’ve made this recipe multiple times. I’m kind of obsessed. It’s freshing, easy and healthy. Perfect for summer!
The reason this mixture is so good is because the mango and banana flavors perfectly complement one another. The mangoes are a little tangier and the bananas are creamy and sweet. When I make this, I use sweetened frozen mangoes (purchased at Costco, I believe) and a really ripe banana (the more ripe the banana, the sweeter the flavor!)
If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender. However, the food processor perfects the texture of the ‘sorbet’ that is difficult to match with just a blender. And in case any of you are considering getting a food processor, I am 100% confident that it will change your life. I just started using one a few months ago and it is by far my #1 most-used appliance in the kitchen (I use it more than my blender!)
Also – you may have noticed that this week is especially dessert heavy. There’s going to be one more fun 4th of July themed dessert tomorrow and then I’ll take a break for a little bit (maybe) 🙂
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I recommend using regular, not low-fat)
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup frozen sweetened mangoes
- In a food processor, mix the frozen banana and 1/4 cup coconut milk until it’s a creamy texture. Scoop into a bowl and immediately place it in the freezer.
- In the food processor, mix the mangoes with 1/4 cup coconut milk. Depending on the type of frozen mangoes you use, you might want to add a little honey if they taste bland.
- Add the mixed mangoes to the bananas and enjoy!