You’re welcome. For what, you ask? For introducing you to your new favorite holiday cookie ↑. One bite into these babies and your taste buds will sing to the taste of rich, warm, melted chocolate and gooey marshmallows. These decadent cookies are perfect for any holiday party or gift. They may even become your newest holiday tradition.
Does anyone have any holiday traditions? My family has a few, like church and stocking opening on Christmas Eve, and present opening/cinnamon roll eating on Christmas morning. Every year, we watch a Christmas movie after church on Christmas Eve (last year was Polar Express, I believe) and for the past two years, I’ve fallen asleep before the end (← sign of old age? 😉 )
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 4oz bar Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3 4oz bars Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package large marshmallows
- Take the eggs out of the fridge and place on counter (they should be at room temperature)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, 2 4oz bars of bittersweet chocolate and 1 4oz bar of semi-sweet chocolate over medium heat, stirring frequently
- Once melted, take off the burner and let cool for 15 minutes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla at low speed until smooth (2 min)
- Mix in the cooled chocolate until just blended
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, mixing on low speed until just combined (it will have the consistency of cake batter)
- Once the dough is solid enough to form into balls, set oven to 325 degrees
- Line cookie tray with parchment paper
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet, flattening the tops of the cookies slightly (15 cookies per sheet)
- Bake for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, cut the remaining 4oz bittersweet chocolate bar into 30 small squares and cut 15 marshmallows in half. Place the chocolate squares under the sticky sides of the marshmallows
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and gently press a marshmallow half (chocolate side down) on top of each cookie
- Return to oven for 2 minutes
- Immediately transfer cookies to a cooling rack
You guys, I mean LOOK AT THAT GOOEY-NESS ↑
I leave next Monday to spend the holidays in Columbia, Missouri and I’m celebrating my 27th birthday on Sunday! Lots of fun things to look forward to in the next week.
Now tell me, what are you holiday cookie traditions?
**Special thanks for Kaitlyn and Julia for introducing me to this recipe!