Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
It snowed about 8 inches last night – enough to shut down the government, again! In order to celebrate, I made my own version of mint chocolate chip ‘ice cream.’ I’m having some trouble walking today because I am so sore from my 1/2 marathon on Saturday. The cure? Ice cream, of course. But not just any ice cream. Healthy ‘ice cream.’
In fact, it’s my healthy Mint Chocolate Chip ‘Ice Cream’ recipe.
- 3 ripe bananas (frozen)
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate (shredded) to garnish
- Freeze 3 ripe bananas overnight
- Cut frozen bananas into small pieces
- Place banana pieces into a food processor
- Add the almond milk and turn on
- Once the banana is mixed, add the avocado and spinach
- Continue to mix in the food processor, adding the mint leaves periodically
- Serve immediately and top with mint leaves and shredded dark chocolate