I am so excited because I’ve finally nailed the perfect green smoothie. For my fellow texture eaters out there – this one is for you. It’s packed with vegetables, healthy fats, protein and fruit. So how do you get the perfect smoothie texture, you ask? You add one of these guys:
Avocado! Also known as the best fat ever 🙂 Avocados are considered healthy fats and are excellent sources of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Bonus: they’re delicious!
But here’s the deal with this smoothie – you have to follow the instructions! In order to get the perfect texture, make sure you blend everything in the order provided below 🙂
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk, coconut milk, etc)
- 1 avocado (pitted)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup frozen mangoes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend only the spinach and the milk until completely mixed (no small green chunks floating around!)
- Add the banana, yogurt, and avocado and blend until everything is a consistent texture
- Add the mango, vanilla and cinnamon and blend one more time
- Top with a little cinnamon and enjoy!