You know when you come back from vacation after eating a boatload of carbs and all you crave is anything and everything healthy? I’m a huge sweet tooth but after we returned on Monday, even chocolate looked disgusting.
But peanut butter? Oh, peanut butter. As soon as I realized I was craving it, I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT. So I went to the store and bought a new jar of organic peanut butter and set off to make these delicious beauties.
They are unintentionally vegan – I didn’t realize I was making a vegan recipe until they turned out not-as-I-had-planned. But alas, sometimes the best surprises happen when we least expect them 🙂
These cookies, or ‘kisses’ per say, will literally melt in your mouth. Once on your tongue, they dissolve into the ooey-est of gooey-est treats. They are small (about the size of a cucumber slice) and perfect for popping into your mouth as you head out the door.
Don’t worry, I have some healthy recipes coming your way this week too. My body was in serious need of a detox after all the fun I had in San Diego 🙂
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup regular sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the brown sugar, regular sugar, flour and baking soda together well.
- Stir in the coconut oil, vanilla extract and peanut butter. You’ll want the mixture firm enough so that you’re able to roll the dough into balls. Add more flour until the desired texture is reached.
- Place ping-pong-sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. They will look underdone when you take them out of the oven. Let them cool.